January 27, 2014

An Interview with Celia about Our Upper School Book Club

I received a personal invitation from Celia to attend the Upper School Book Club meeting in January, and I enjoyed it! As you can see, the group enjoyed themselves too!



This little group loves discussing books! I was amazed at the depth of the discussion of Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

I asked Celia if I could interview her about the Book Club, and she agreed.



Q. How and why did you get involved in Seabury's Upper School Book Club?
A. Well my freshman year I began attending book club with Laura and I guess I just kinda stuck with it. Reading was always something I liked to do so I just felt at home with others who loved to read as much as I did.

Q. How does the Club choose its books?
A. I hand pick the books myself with input from Ms. Davis and other members of my club.

Q. Who will take over the Club when you leave?
A. I don't actually know who will run the club when I leave. It has to be someone I trust to not let it go. Honestly, I will probably ask Gillian, but she doesn't know yet so please don't tell! 
Q. Anything else you want to add?
A. Just that I love reading and that if anyone else does, please encourage them to come! We always welcome new people!

◊ ◊ ◊ ◊ ◊


Celia chose The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson as the group's next read. Celia notes that she has wanted to read this classic for a while. The book can be downloaded via Project Gutenberg, in different electronic formats, and the library has several paper copies.

The group will discuss the first five chapters on Wednesday, January 29, and yes, I plan to be there! Won't you join me?

Thanks, Celia, for your enthusiasm for reading!

(◕‿◕ ) 
On G+

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about reading with us!