August 9, 2011

You Have No Idea How Ridiculously Happy This Reading Photo Makes Me



I collect reading photos from my Facebook friends, many of whom are Seabury alumni.

I love ALL of the photos I collect. But this one? This is the Best. Photo. Ever.

Paul is an '82 graduate, and this is his dog Sam. Paul's caption on Facebook?
"Sam loves a good story ..."
Here it is 29 years after Paul graduated, (where did the time go?) and Paul is reading one of my all-time favorite books about -- you guessed it -- a boy and his dog. The photo mirrors the story.

Here are three reviews of David Wroblewski's fabulous book:
The Story of Edgar Sawtelle: Reviews (on the author's site)
Talking to Dogs Without a Word (NY Times review)
Why Oprah Loves Edgar Sawtelle (Oprah.com)
People ask me almost every day when I'm going to retire. And I always say to them that I love my job. This photo is yet another reason I really do mean what I say. Rewards pop up in the most unusual places. (Go ahead, click on the image to enlarge it)

And yes, of course we have copies in the library!

(◕‿◕)
@mauilibrarian2


P. S. Thanks, Paul :)



2 comments:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about reading with us!